• 最新链接
    暂未添加该信息。

订阅本站的 RSS 2.0 新闻组

lizeping主页 >> 文章 >> lizeping >> 浏览信息《037》

lizeping | 评论(0) | 阅读(699)
    查看详细访友列表 访友脚印

星期三   晴天 
    主题 037

On Friday, the basketball-themed romantic comedy Just Wright will be released in theaters around the country. Starring Queen Latifah, Common, and Paula Patton, it’s the story of an NBA star who injures his knee and must work his way back to stardom, navigating life and love along the way. Late last week, I spent some time with Common to discuss the movie, his lifelong love of basketball, and the acting skills of many NBA stars featured in the film. Freeman: In Just Wright, you’re Scott McKnight, an NBA All-Star. Which player that’s in the league now—or in history—do you think he plays most like? Common: I think his style of play is like Jason Kidd(notes)-ish, but his charisma is more like a Dwyane Wade(notes) or LeBron, in a way. EF: So he’s more of a distributing point guard looking to get other people involved more than anything else. Common: If you were to compare him to a ballplayer right now, I’d say he’s more like Chris Paul(notes). You know, he’ll involve other people, but when he needs to take over he will. That’s exactly what his game is like. EF: For the on-court scenes, did you improvise those or was there a specific you wanted to do in each scene that you wanted to execute? Common: We had a couple of specific plays, but a lot of the things they kept were just us playing live. One of the specifics is that I had to hit a three-pointer which was a game-winning shot. But otherwise, when I look at the cut of the film, it’s a bunch of plays that weren’t written in the script. We just ended up playing live games. EF: And everyone in the movie has played at a high level of basketball, right? Common: Oh yeah, the scenes are authentic. Because I played ball … we have NBA guys in a lot of the scenes. You’ll see guys like Rashard Lewis(notes), Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard(notes). It’s real basketball being played. Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo(notes) started filming and Dwyane said "Man, this is real. The scenes I’ve seen going down in this film, they’re just real." Even beyond the basketball court. His thing was that it was the realest basketball he’s seen in a movie since Ray Allen(notes) played Jesus Shuttlesworth. EF: On that same subject, of the players in the movie, which of them do you think has the most acting talent? Common: Well, you have different acting abilities. I think Dwyane Wade can probably do some dramatic things and comedy—he’s that type of guy that can bring heartfelt things, too. Dwight Howard may be capable of that also, but you can definitely see him in a comedy, a lighthearted thing. They both brought these natural attributes to it, and both were really great. You look at some actors, though—I mean, I think Eddie Murphy is an incredible actor, but so is Denzel [Washington]. They bring different things to the table. That’s how I look at Dwyane Wade and Dwight Howard. EF: Do you think that they could have careers in Hollywood after they finish playing? Common: Yeah, but they’d have to put in the work. Even if you’re a handsome guy and someone the girls love, if you want to have a career, you have to do quality work out there to have a long-lasting career. So they’d have to put in the work. But I don’t like to limit anybody’s potential at doing anything. Especially if you believe in it and want to do it. EF: This next question I have to ask because it’s a weird thing I’ve noticed in the previews. Your character gets injured in an All-Star Game, which is something I’ve never seen happen. But regardless, which NBA player you think would be most likely to get hurt in that game? Common: [Laughs] Let me think about that. EF: One of my friends thinks it has to be Greg Oden(notes). Common: Yeah, I think that’s the case for … anything. Who else, though? I think it might be Paul Pierce(notes), but it’s not because he gets injured a lot. He cares a lot when he plays. I don’t want to put that on him, because he’s one of the most underrated out there. What he did in that championship against the Lakers—he has to stick Kobe, and he was sticking Kobe. But he gives it his all, so no doubt he could get hurt. Either him or Brandon Jennings(notes), because he’s kind of thin. EF: He has to play in it first before he can get hurt. Common: Brandon Jennings will be one soon, though. EF: Over this last All-Star Weekend, you played in the Celebrity Game. What was that experience like? It seemed like Michael Rapaport took it really seriously, so I’m wondering if everyone was playing as hard as he was. Common: Well, I can’t fault Michael Rapaport, because I took it seriously, too. I wanted to get MVP of that game! I thought it would be good promotion for Just Wright. Plus I’m a competitor, and I’d performed so badly in the last Celebrity Game in Phoenix that I was playing for redemption. But people were playing hard. Like some of the Harlem Globetrotters, and all the actors, because you want to prove that you’re good. Cats were playing, and it was a great experience for me. I only got into the second quarter, but as soon as I got in, it was high energy. Magic Johnson was our coach, and we were really playing. I was playing to win. Actually, I saw Denzel Washington after at a Lakers game against the Celtics, and he said "Man, I saw you out there playing at another speed!" He was laughing at me, because he knew I was playing seriously. EF: Who else looked really good out there? Common: Definitely Terrell Owens. He’s got game, he can play. There were two women out there that played really well. One from the WNBA who was really good, and one who used to play pro ball. EF: I think that was Nancy Lieberman. Common: She was playing, man. I’ve seen her in another Celebrity Game, too. I got MVP for that one! EF: Your dad [Lonnie Lynn] played in the ABA for a season. Do you think you have more of an ABA or NBA styled game? Common: Oh, definitely NBA. The ABA is defunct! My game is modern and futuristic, man! EF: But that’s what the ABA was at the time. Common: Yeah, but looking at the ABA now, it doesn’t look the same. The athletes are faster now, stronger. Of course there were a lot of talented dudes in the ABA, but they can’t compare to now. These athletes, even when I was coming up playing in high school, they can jump faster, higher. So I put myself in the NBA category. EF: You worked for the Bulls as a ballboy when you were a kid. What was that experience like? Common: It was a lot of fun. I was famous in my neighborhood for that. I was getting gym shoes from the players, and just being able to go to all the home games, cats would see me on TV. There were a lot of perks that came with being a ballboy. Plus, for my own personal experience, the way I love basketball, it was fun. EF: Did you ever consider going into basketball as a career, or were you always more interested in other things? Common: No, I wanted to play in the NBA. That was a goal of mine. That was a dream of mine. buy iphone cheap i9 unlocked china Knife Shaped USB 2.0 Hub,4 Ports cheap watch phone Headrest Pillow DVD & Monitor Cartoon koala Webcam,Drive Free,8.0Megapixel china cell phone wholesale cheap+goods+china TV M6 Quad Band Dual Sim With Bluetooth Analogy TV Unlocked Cell Phone Laptop Battery Replacement for SONY VAIO PCG-FR102, VAIO PCG-FR105 f038 3 inch touch screen wifi Shadow Chrome Stylish Touch Screen Car DVD with TV+Bluetooth buy cheap chinese phones MP4 Player With 4.3-inch High Resolution Square-8GB-FM Stereo Sciphone 3GS+(i93GS+) Quad Band Dual Cards With Java Touch Screen Cell Phone Car Radio With USB/SD/MMC Card cheap cell phone china Q6 Mini Cute Dual Band Dual Card With Mobile TV Java Cell Phone 1.8 inch 2GB MP4/MP3 FM Function chinese electronics wholesalers 2.5''or 3.5" Media Player d9000 phone 10pcs lot Breathalyzer - BAC +Flashling+Stopwatch 10pcs lot Breathalyzer - BAC +Flashling+Stopwatch i68-a W700 Tri Band Single Card With Camera Touch Screen Watch Phone A887B Quad Band Dual Card With Bluetooth FM Unlocked Cell Phone USB 3 Fan With Four Colour Laptop Notebook Cooling Cooler Pad LED 2M Pixel 2.4-inch LCD MP4 Player 2GB Metal casing SD Slot EF: I think things probably worked out pretty well for you, though. Common: Yeah, this was the right path, thank God. I had this little injury that drove me to rapping more. That’s exactly what happened. I was playing basketball because I wanted to be in the NBA, and then I got injured. That drove me to rap more. EF: So the Bulls are now looking for a new coach. Who are you hoping they hire? Common: I’d actually like to see Mark Jackson coach. I know he hasn’t coached yet, but I think he’d do a good job. Or Byron Scott. EF: Now that they’re out, who are you pulling for to win the championship? Common: I like the Celtics, now that the Bulls are out and the Miami Heat are out. I love Kevin Garnett(notes) and Rajon Rondo. They just have a team. I like more of the players in Celtics history, but those are my guys. More from Sporting News: Rajon Rondo Displays His Maturity Under Pressure
    lizeping 发表于:2010/5/19 11:10:12